Market Code of Conduct
Our Market Code of Conduct
KCCU is committed to ensuring that our members are completely satisfied with the level of services they receive and have committed to The Market Code of Conduct for Credit Unions.
The Code recognizes the best practice principles we pledge to follow for soliciting, promoting, advertising, marketing, selling, or distributing our products or services. The Code demonstrates our commitment to the fair treatment of all those who use our services. We believe in fair sales practices, comprehensive access to banking services, transparency and openness, and a reasonable approach to settling complaints. Individuals are entitled to the best possible care of their financial interests. We respect all our provincial regulatory obligations, and continually practice absolute excellence in consumer protection. Please refer to KCCU’s Operational Market Conduct Code policy for full details of the Code.
KCCU’s best practices can be summarized in five key principles:
- Business Practices: We are committed to providing customer service excellence to all our members and customers using our products and services. It is a core component of our governance and corporate culture.
- Fair Treatment and Fair Sales Practices: Treating members and customers fairly and demonstrating fair sales practices at all times are integral parts of our business practices.
- Access to Banking Services: We ensure that all credit union members and customers are granted access to fundamental financial services.
- Transparency and Disclosure: The credit union uses plain-language descriptions of products and services in its communications to ensure people make informed decisions.
- Complaint Handling: We examine complaints, work to settle them fairly, and track them to help ensure our practices continue to improve.
To learn more, download a detailed copy of The Market Conduct Code for Credit Unions.
KCCU's Complaint Handling.