Fee Free Account Options with KCCU!
If you are looking for a simple, easy and FREE way to do your day to day banking, check out our *E- FREE self serve account option below. This account is designed for those who complete their banking on their own using electronic sources such as online or mobile banking. As this account is set up as a self serve account, do note that charges will apply for branch services as outlined below. KCCU offers a number of account options from our E-Free self serve account to our full service package account. We have an account that is right for you. Please refer to our quick overview of accounts for an easy comparison.
*E-FREE Self Serve Account
For those who prefer to bank electronically
- No monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balance requirements
- FREE unlimited* online transactions via MemberDirect®
- Unlimited access to surcharge free ATMs across Canada via THE EXCHANGE® Network
- FREE unlimited 24/7 access to online banking and mobile banking with our Mobile App
- FREE unlimited point of sale debit transactions in Canada
- FREE unlimited electronic and pre-authorized debits and credits
- FREE unlimited bill payments paid online via MemberDirect® or KCCU’s ATMs
- FREE unlimited Me-2-Me transfers
- FREE unlimited incoming Interac e-Transfers® within Canada
- 15 FREE outgoing Interac e-Transfers® per month via MemberDirect® ; $1.00 per e-transfer thereafter
- Savings and investment options available for higher returns
- Save your change with our Round up Feature
- Establish overdraft protection or build credit with a KCCU Line of Credit
- Keep track with a free monthly e-statement
- Earn Interest (calculated based on minimum daily balance, paid monthly)
Note: Applicable Full Service Fees
In-branch/over the phone transactions are subject to fees as follows:
- Over the counter transactions (debit/credit) $2.00/transaction fee
- in-branch bill payment $1.25/transaction plus $2.00/transaction fee
- Sundry Items (office cheques, certified cheques, etc... Applicable sundry charge plus $2.00/transaction fee
- In branch/over the phone inquiries/requests $2.00/transaction plus transaction fee (if applicable)
- Automatic transfer set up fee in branch/over the phone $2.00
- Statement or account information $2.00 per item.
Members over the age of 21 require 5 shares at $5.00 each ($25.00).
Fee Free Youth and Student Accounts
Under 26? Enjoy Fee Free Banking!
Check out our FEE FREE youth and student accounts below:
At KCCU, we understand the importance of learning about banking. We believe financial literacy is a lifelong learning process and essential in the development of strong money management skills. Where better to start your child’s financial journey than with their first account! KCCU’s Youth Account is designed to help prepare and teach your child about the financial products they will need for different stages of their life. From their first debit card to a student line of credit, we are here to help them along their way!
Our KCCU Student Account can help you manage your money and access it wherever your studies take you with digital, mobile, and in person options. So, whether you are banking from home, on the road, or on campus we we’ve got you covered!
Students get a head start with no monthly fees and also benefit from unlimited debit transactions, including Interac® e-Transfers and surcharge free ATM access across Canada with THE EXCHANGE® Network.
One of the core philosophies of the credit union movement is people helping people. We demonstrate this philosophy most often through our products, services, and commitment to financial education. We provide free financial education tools and calculators, which include a series of videos that cover key financial concepts such as saving, investing, credit scores, credit building, debt consolidation, and more!
Visit our Service Fees page for detailed disclosure of applicable service fees.
® MEMBERDIRECT and MEMBERDIRECT Design are registered trade-marks, MEMBER CARD and MEMBER CARD & Design are registered certification marks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association, used under license.
® Trademark of Interac Inc. Used under license.