Interested in joining our team?
We are always currently accepting resumes for the following position.
Position(s): Part Time Member Representative/Teller
Branch Locations: Downtown at 18 Market St., Kingston West at 795 Gardiners Rd., and Kingslake Plaza at 1201 Division St.
Number of Available Positions: 2
Status: Part Time - approximately 25 hours per week including days, and Saturday’s
Start date: To be determined
Kingston Community Credit Union (KCCU) is the Greater Kingston area’s only local credit union. We are a member-owned, democratically operated financial co-operative providing a full range of outstanding and affordable financial products and services, including daily personal and business banking services, loans and mortgages, and investment services. KCCU serves over 10,000 members through its banking network of four branches, online banking, mobile banking, and access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs in Canada (THE EXCHANGE® Network).
At KCCU, you will be part of a community-oriented, supportive workplace that values and is committed to Co-operation: people helping people, Integrity: always doing what is best for our members, Community: commitment to strengthening our community, Sharing: sharing our success with our community and members, Financial Strength: building financial strength with co-operative and sustainable ethics, Education: sharing our expertise, and Respect for All .
KCCU is seeking a part-time Member Representative (Teller) to join the KCCU team for a challenging and rewarding career position in a fast-paced, high-performance work environment at a growing, dynamic organization. The successful candidate will be a well-organized, self-motivated individual who is enthusiastic, service and sales-oriented, excels as a contributing team player, and is passionate about delivering superior customer service to our members. We offer a competitive total compensation package including pay commensurate with skills and experience, comprehensive benefit program, performance-based incentive programs, and employee banking benefits.
The Member Representative delivers a range of front-line financial products and services to members in a timely, accurate and professional manner, including processing members’ financial transactions, responding to member inquiries and account-related requests, and facilitating resolution and solutions to member issues or concerns. With knowledge of KCCU’s full suite of products and service offerings, this role is required to understand member needs, identify opportunities to educate and promote the right KCCU products or services which best meet those needs, and refer members to appropriate KCCU specialists (lending and investment needs) and external service partners.
The Member Representative is a team player committed to helping members and responsible for relationship building. You will contribute to the growth of the business by developing, deepening, and maintaining new and existing member relationships. This includes active participation in all branch activities and campaigns in order to achieve organizational business goals. As the face of KCCU, the Member Representative strives to exceed member service expectations and increase member satisfaction and loyalty.
- Create an outstanding member experience at every interaction using cooperative principles and seek ways to contribute to ongoing improvement of overall branch member experience
- Execute financial transactions (i.e., deposits, withdrawals, transfers, bill payments) accurately and efficiently; maintain a daily cash, ensuring compliance and adherence to regulation, credit union policies and procedures
- Engage members in conversation to understand, identify and fulfill their current and future financial needs - match with appropriate KCCU product and service solutions
- Contribute to achievement of business objectives
- Contribute to timely and accurate completion of branch administration work
- Handle member concerns in a courteous, professional manner, and refer more complex member concerns appropriately
- Actively support the Credit Union’s vision and mission, including promoting KCCU in the community
- Post-secondary education (business focus), with previous sales and/or service experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (financial services knowledge and experience considered a strong asset)
- Demonstrated customer service skills, proven sales delivery, and passion for helping others
- Effective communicator – both written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to utilize professionalism and tact
- High level of attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy
- Cash handling and transaction processing experience preferred
- Strong ability to problem-solve, prioritize and organize work within time constraints and under pressure
- Good computing skills - proficiency in PC applications including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn new systems
- Must be available to work across all operational hours, including Saturday’s, and as needed, at all branch locations
- Must be available up to 38 hours/week, for the first 4 weeks of employment, to accommodate training
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and covering letter outlining experience and qualifications, online by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 613 384 1792, to:
Attn: Human Resources
Kingston Community Credit Union Ltd.
795 Gardiners Rd., Kingston, ON K7M 7E6
Kingston Community Credit Union is committed to employment equity and to provide an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Applications from all qualified candidates are encouraged. Recruitment and selection related accommodations will be provided upon request in all parts and aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.